Flavour dependably wins out in our home, and I’m not keen on giving up taste to drop two or three pounds.
Enter… low carb supper formulas!
Try not to disappoint the drive through getting you. It is conceivable to eat sustenance that preferences astounding AND gets thinner!
We as a whole realize overabundance starches are the foe with regards to pressing on the additional pounds.
You can peruse progressively about that here in case you’re intrigued.
#1) Low Carb Cashew Chicken Recipe
Another quick delightful dish from Keto Connect. She serves it over cauliflower rice to keep the carbs down. The flavours are powerful, and toasted sesame seeds help take it to the following dimension!
3 raw chicken thighs boneless, skinless
2 tbsp coconut oil(for cooking)
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos
1/2 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp green onions
1/4 medium white onion
Salt + Pepper
- Heat a pan over low heat and toast the cashews for 8 minutes or until they start to lightly brown and become fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Dice chicken thighs into 1-inch chunks. Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.
- Increase heat to high and add coconut oil to a pan.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through(about 5 minutes).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked. Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chilli garlic sauce and seasonings(ginger, salt, pepper). Allow cooking on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar, and cashews. Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency, There should not be excess liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.
- Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Enjoy!
Recipe by I HEART UMAMI
#2) Low Carb Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
Ginger, garlic, and bean stew peppers make the flavour totally detonate on this sautéed food dish! With just a 10 minute cook time it will be one of your go-to snappy weeknight dinners.
This truly is a standout amongst the best Mongolian meat formulas out there, inspected by 23 individuals on Pinterest with 4.5/5 stars. You out this low carb supper formula an attempt!
2.1 lb skrit steak, beef flap, or sirloin, thinly sliced against the grain
3.2 tbsp coconut aminos
4.1 tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
5.2 tsp toasted sesame oil
6.1 tsp arrowroot starch
7.1/2 tsp baking soda
8.3-4 tbsp avocado or olive oil
10.3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
11.3-inch length thinly sliced ginger, from index through ring finger quantity
12.2 whole red chilli peppers (fresno or serrano) remove seeds, slice to thin strips
13.3 bulbs scallions, cut into a 3-inch length. Separate white and green parts.
- Thin slice beef against the grain. Add ingredients from coconut aminos to baking soda. Mix well and set aside in the fridge.
- In the meantime, prepare garlic, ginger, scallions, separate white and green parts, and remove the chilli pepper seeds and slice them to thin strips
- In a well-heated stainless steel skillet or cast iron, add 2 tbsp cooking fat. Pan fry the beef in one layer without disturbing over medium-high heat until crisp brown, about 2 minutes then quickly sear the flip side, about 30 seconds. Set the beef and the pan juice aside.
- Start the skillet dry and add 1 more tbsp cooking oil, saute aromatics with a pinch of salt until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef back to the skillet and green scallion parts. Quickly toss to coat the flavour for another 30 seconds. Serve hot and immediately.
#3) Prosciutto Wrapped Cod With Lemon Caper Spinach
This was love at first chomp FOR SURE! A wonderful blend of crunch, salt, and tang. Yum-o! Pack envelops crisp cod filets and cooks by a buttered cast iron skillet. It is so lovely served over the tart lemon escapade spinach. Simple AND heavenly.
I’m feeling a decent show, and a young ladies night in revolved around this scrumptious formula! You as well? Come over around 7.
12-14 oz (340-400g) cod fillets
Sea salt & pepper
1.5 oz (~45g) prosciutto de parma
2 Tbsp (28g) grass-fed butter, ghee, or avocado oil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups (~180g) baby spinach
2 Tbsp capers
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
- Pat fillets completely dry with paper towels and allows to come to room temperature.
- Once they are at room temperature (usually about 30 minutes), pat them dry again and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Not too much salt here because the prosciutto is salty.
- Wrap the fillets with prosciutto. You want to wrap them tightly but gently so that you do not tear the prosciutto. If your prosciutto is in strips rather than sheets, just overlap the strips to create a sheet and then wrap around the fillets. I like to lay the prosciutto out on a flat surface, place the fillet on top, then roll the fillet to wrap it.
- Melt butter or ghee in a cast iron skillet or other nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the fillets and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. The total cooking time of 10 minutes. Flip carefully with a flexible spatula. Cooking time is for 1″ fillets. Adjust cooking time based on the thickness of your fillets. When in doubt, use a thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF/60ºC.
- Remove the fillets to a cooling rack. This prevents the bottoms from getting soggy.
- With the burner still on medium, add garlic to the pan and stir for about 30 seconds. Add spinach, capers, and lemon juice. Stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Just until the spinach has wilted.
- Move the spinach to plates using tongs. Top with the fish and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe by KIT’S COSTAL
#4) Meatball Parmesan Casserole
Low carb comfort sustenance kinda appears to be a paradoxical expression right? Welp, Mrs. Glad Homemaker is here to re-compose the standards. She takes some genuine easy routes from the store to bring the mushy, substantial marinara dish to you.
It’s a low carb supper formula the entire family can appreciate.
One snappy note… you will locate a tolerable measure of sugar in a ton of locally acquired marinara sauces. You can generally look for keto inviting red sauce like this one.
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs, cooked according to package directions
- pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread some pasta sauce into the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish to prevent the meatballs from sticking. Arrange the precooked meatballs on top. Pour more pasta sauce on top to cover the meatballs to your liking. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, parmesan, & some Italian seasoning to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
Recipe by MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
#5) Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken With Crispy Bacon
This formula is straightforward, quick (just 10 minutes to prepare) and OH SO CREAMY. It’s has a flavour pressed cream sauce that is finished delightfully with crunchy bacon!
Spoiler alert-it contains a little measure of nectar.
On the off chance that you are against little measures of regular sugars, you can utilize a sugar-free nectar substitute, for example, this one.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 level tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, (or 3-4 cloves crushed garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to season
- 5 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat (I used 4 small bacon rashers)
- 1/3 cup cream (light or reduced fat)
- 1 cup milk (skim, 2% or full fat – almond milk may be used for a dairy free option)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the honey, mustard, garlic, oil and salt to taste (not too much salt if serving with bacon as the bacon will add a salty flavour when served). Coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or skillet) over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy; transfer to a plate. To the same pan, sear chicken fillets on each side in the oil left over from the bacon until just beginning to brown (about 3 minutes per side — not completely cooked through as we will finish them in the sauce).
- Add any remaining honey mustard sauce into the pan along with the cream and milk. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally to mix the favours through the sauce (about 3 minutes), until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan, mixing it through the sauce until it thickens. Place chicken back into the pan; coat with the sauce. Top with the bacon and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over steamed/roasted vegetables for lower cal options. Also great with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes!
Recipe by CAFE DELIGHTS
#6) 20 Minute Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
This formula is surf and turf, narrows style! A handy solution loaded with flavour and surface. This low carb supper formula utilizes the blessed trinity of southern cooking (chile pepper, onion, and celery).
This formula acquires an assortment of flavours and surfaces to zest up your weeknight suppers. It won’t baffle.
- 1 lb of medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage, chopped (choose your favourite)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove and set aside
- Cook onions and bell peppers in a skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes
- Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet, cook another 2 minutes
- Put cooked shrimp back into the skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for about 1 minute
- Pour chicken stock into a pan and mix through to moisten everything
- Add salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot
Recipe by TRINA’S PALEO NEWBIE
#7 Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Yum. Disregard rolling every individual chicken bosom and putting in the stove for 60 minutes. This basic skillet chicken cordon bleu is such a great amount of less demanding to make and tastes similarly as delightful!
In her formula she calls for digging the bosoms in 1/some four, I utilized almond flour rather and thought they tasted astounding!
- 4 thin boneless, skinless cutlets, 4 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices low sodium deli ham, I use Boar’s Head (3 oz total)
- 4 slices light Swiss Cheese such as Alpine Lace (3 oz total)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of the reserved flour, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and half of the chicken.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a dish with the other pieces of chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss, cover the skillet and simmer medium-low for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- To serve to use a spatula and transfer the chicken to each dish, spoon the remaining sauce over each piece.
Recipe by SKINNY TASTE
#8) Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry
Not just heavenly and low carb, this meat and cabbage pan sear flaunts the prominent gut mending element of cabbage. It’s crunchy, salty, and filling
You can utilize it as a filling for egg rolls or as a fundamental dish too. So great!
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sriracha*
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sriracha, and brown sugar. Set the sauce aside.
- Shred the vegetables so they are ready to go when you need them. Cut one small cabbage in half, remove the core, and then finely shred the leaves of one half the cabbage (4-6 cups once shredded, save the other half for another recipe). Peel two carrots, then use a cheese grater to shred them (1 cup shredded). Slice three green onions. Mince two cloves of garlic. Peel a knob of ginger using either a vegetable peeler or by scraping with the side of a spoon, then grate it using a small-holed cheese grater.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the cooking oil, ground beef, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the beef until browned (about five minutes).
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the skillet and continue to stir and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted (or fully wilted, if you prefer). Stir in the prepared sauce and the green onions. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of sriracha, then serve.
Recipe by BUDGET BITES
#9) Green Chili Chicken Bake
Green bean stews and cream cheddar? That’s right, I’m in. This is anything but difficult to prepare, and a fast heat in the broiler. It’s an ideal weeknight dinner and pressed loaded with flavour.
It’s an incredible option in contrast to high starch green stew chicken enchiladas. It’s low carb supper formula comfort nourishment.
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened – You can use light cream cheese here if you prefer, but fat-free will not work well since it doesn’t melt like normal cream cheese. Also, make sure the cheese is nice and soft before you begin to mix it so it combines well. If you don’t have time to leave it out, then put it in a glass bowl, cover, and microwave for about 30 seconds, then stir and add 30 more seconds if necessary. Softening the cream cheese will ensure that it isn’t lumpy and the flavour infuses every bit of the cheese for a delicious dinner.
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilis- As I might have mentioned above I really love green chilis. I have tried a lot of brands, but I really prefer Old El Paso. I feel like their chilis are diced but instead of just being pieces in water, the liquid is thicker like pureed chilis which I find to be so much more flavorful than just chilli pieces.
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed. The key here is just making sure that you are starting with nice softened cream cheese.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chilli mixture. Then top with the Monterey jack cheese. Make sure that the chicken breast is laid in a flat single layer in the dish. I like to use a 2 qt pyrex or a Corningware baking dish to give it just enough room. Since the chicken breasts are all different sizes, it is impossible to know exactly how long to cook, but the guidelines below should give you a good start. If the chicken breasts are thick or very large, it will take longer, and if they are smaller, probably less time. If you are in a pinch you can put it in a larger dish and cut the chicken breast up into smaller pieces and spread them out a bit more. This should speed up the cook time a good bit!
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.I often get asked if you need to cover this while baking. I bake mine on the middle oven rack and do not need to cover it while baking and it comes out perfect. However, every oven is different, and if you bake yours and the cheese is getting browner than you want, feel free to loosely cover it with foil to avoid additional browning. I would let it bake as long as possible without covering though so that you don’t trap all the liquid in while it cooks which can make it soupy.
- Serve hot over Spanish rice, greens, tortillas, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Recipe by THE PINNING MAMA
#10) Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Such incredible flavour in these stuffed chicken bosoms. You’ll never sauté a plain chicken bosom again. They are an awesome blend of crunchy and velvety.
What an extraordinary method to sneak some spinach into the children!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to season
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- 4 oz (120 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) block cream cheese, (light or reduced fat), at room temp
- 6 oz (170 g) bottled or canned artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped (SEE NOTES)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
OPTIONAL CREAM SAUCE:
- Remaining spinach/artichoke dip
- 1 cup half and a half or heavy cream
For The Chicken:
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface. Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
For The Dip Filling:
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach and discard the water. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Stuff chicken with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon. Reserve the leftover dip for later.*
- Seal chicken breasts with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden. Flip and sear on the other side, covering the pan with a lid, until cooked through, (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a warm plate to make the cream sauce.
For The Cream Sauce:
- Combine half and half or heavy cream with the remaining dip (you should have exactly half remaining). Stir until sauce is combined and thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately!
Recipe by CAFE DELIGHT
#11) Mini Meatloaf Pepper Rings
These scaled down meatloaf rings are tasty, brimming with supplements and splendidly bundled. They help hold fitting bit control in line (more on that here).
In light of their little size, they additionally decrease preparing time contrasted with bigger customary meat portions.
- 4 large bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1½ tsp creole seasoning
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- A pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Prepare peppers by slicing off a little of the top and bottom of each pepper. Do not discard these. Cut out ribs and seeds. Slice into 3 thick rings and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Dice up remaining parts of peppers to use in the meat mixture.
- Prepare meatloaf mix: Mix ground beef with seasoning, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, garlic, and remaining diced peppers until combined.
- Stuff each pepper with meat mixture leaving a dome of the mixture on top of each pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. (If you do not have an oven-safe pot, you will just transfer them into a casserole dish to bake later).
- Brown each stuffed pepper ring for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your pot.
- Once, browned on each side, pour crushed tomatoes over the stuffed pepper rings. (Transfer to a casserole dish before topping with crushed tomatoes if you do not have an oven-safe pot.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Recipe by DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
#12) Baked Chicken Tenders Low Carb Dinner Recipe
There’s nothing stout about these to-kick the bucket for prepared chicken fingers! These are dug in a spread and came in a mix of cheddar and flavours. Ummmmm, not certain how any of that could be terrible!?
This chicken delicate formula is free of flour breading, and has one of the most noteworthy formula survey evaluations on Pinterest!
2 lbs chicken tenders
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley minced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Melt butter in a shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken tender in butter then roll in seasoning mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe by THE CHUNKY CHEF
With regards to low carb supper and keto abstains from food, recollect that a decent aiding of the presence of mind is dependably a smart thought. Commonsense segment control will keep you on track to your weight reduction objectives.
So will remaining in front of yearning with these simple in a hurry keto snacks. Consider adjusting your feast with a shockingly low carb mixed drink and keto dessert!
Cheers to that!